A generous and sound vegetarian potato jackfruit stew with substantial jackfruit, carrot, smoky flavors and tomatoes that will cause you to return for a considerable length of time and lick your dishes clean. Best presented with garlic bruschetta to wipe up all that tasty plant-based sauce.
Every one of the kinds of an exemplary Tuscan Italian meat stew, however bravo and above all remorselessness free. Simple 1 pot wonder, 100% faultless solace nourishment!
To keep it without gluten and as sound as conceivable I utilized some processed flax and chia blend as a thickener for the stew. You can include it simultaneously with the potatoes or just before the stew is finished. Give it a chance to sit for a couple of moments before serving.
Don’t hesitate to also include a portion of your preferred veggies here: green peas, mushrooms, green beans, spinach, kale, they all pair well with the moderate cooked kinds of the jackfruit and potato stew. On the off chance that you lean toward you could even swap the potatoes in the recipe for gnocchi dumplings, grain or farro, whatever your taste buds extravagant.
Also try our recipe Vegan Pasta Fagioli
A hearty, delicious and healthy vegan potato stew with meaty jackfruit, carrot, smoky spices and tomatoes that will make you go back for seconds and lick your bowls clean.
- 4 cups young jackfruit pieces -(plain & drained well if packed in water)
- 3 cups potatoes -diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion -chopped
- 5 cloves garlic -minced
- 1 large carrot -sliced into rounds
- 9 cups veggie stock -low sodium
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes -chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3-4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 leaves bay
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1.5 tbsp flax + chia meal
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley -chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Optional)
- Heat up a medium dutch oven over medium low flame. Add the chopped onion with a pinch of sea salt and a splash of water and sautee until translucent (about 5 minutes). Stir in the carrots and the garlic and cook another minute or so until it starts releasing its flavor making sure not to burn it.
- Stir in all the spices, thyme and bay leaves then add the jackfruit pieces. Pour in the veggie stock and bring the stew to a good simmer. Cover with a lid and cook 40 minutes.
- At this point you can use a potato masher to help shred the jackfruit into tender little bites. Add the potatoes and the flax meal and simmer the stew for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, taste and adjust seasonings with more seas salt at this point. Remove from heat and discard the bay and thyme sprigs. Stir in most of the parsley reserving some for garnish.
- Allow the stew to sit covered for a few minutes and thicken up before serving with garlic bruschetta, parsley and freshly cracked black pepper.
Read more our recipe : Low Carb Keto Biscuits
For more details : https://bit.ly/2Rol0CK