This mysterious orange tofu recipe helps me such a great amount to remember my pre-vegetarian Panda Express orange chicken days! The sauce is beyond words, and the tofu is heated to firm flawlessness as opposed to being seared.
It’s a simple weeknight supper, particularly in the event that you press your tofu in advance! You should simply get some rice cooking, heat the tofu, make your orange sauce, at that point blend the fresh tofu in it. When the tofu is cooked and the sauce has thickened, add the tofu to the sauce and mix. That is it!
Use gluten free tamari rather than soy sauce. Try utilizing cauliflower! Prepare it simply like you would the tofu, at that point blend in with the sauce. Add less or more sugar to taste, or substitute unadulterated maple syrup, agave or even coconut sugar. On the off chance that you like, you can sear the tofu. Just hurl the tofu with cornstarch, at that point fry in a flimsy layer of oil.
Also try our recipe CRISPY HONEY SRIRACHA TOFU
This Fresh Heated Orange Tofu is suggestive of the well known Chinese dish. A clingy, sweet orange sauce is combined with the most astounding firm Heated tofu!
Crispy Baked Tofu:
- (2) 14-16 ounce blocks extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, OR low sodium soy sauce for oil free
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Sticky Orange Sauce:
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, from 2-3 large oranges
- 1/2 cup organic sugar (may sub coconut sugar, brown sugar or pure maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-5 cups cooked rice
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped green onions
Make the Crispy Baked Tofu:
- Press the tofu by wrapping in paper towels (or a clean dry tea towel). Place a plate or pan on top of the wrapped tofu, and put a couple of heavy books on top of that. Let the tofu press for at least 30 minutes if possible and up to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Slice the tofu into 1 inch cubes and add them to a large ziplock bag, along with the olive oil (or soy sauce) and cornstarch. Close the bag, and shake gently to coat the tofu pieces.
- Arrange the tofu evenly on the prepared pan, and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for 15 more minutes, until the tofu pieces are crispy and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
Make the Orange Sauce:
- In a large pan (large enough to fit the tofu and sauce), add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for a minute or two. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to combine, and then add to the pot. Stir over medium-high heat constantly for a couple of minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Now add the baked tofu to the pan and stir to coat the tofu in the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Serve over brown or white rice. Sprinkle with green onions and/or sesame seeds. Add a side of steamed broccoli or cauliflower if desired.
Read more our recipe : Low Carb Chili Dog Bake
For more details : https://bit.ly/38PZSfl