Nothing shouts comfort nourishment to me more than meatballs and I would go similarly as viewing myself as a meatball master. Salisbury steak meatballs rank right close to the highest point of my preferred meatballs ever.
Not exclusively are these little salisbury nibbles pressed with enhance, they’re served up in a sauce that is totally incredible on a bed of heavenly velvety pureed potatoes! It’s what comfort nourishment is about!
Salisbury steak is a ‘steak’ produced using ground meat and presented with a sauce or dark colored sauce. It’s stunning what you get when you blend some ground meat with some flavorful sauces! So basically it’s molded to look like a steak and it’s typically served on pureed potatoes or noodles. It’s not the most stylish dish but rather I think I’ve transformed this American dish into a work of consumable workmanship!
Also try our recipe Delicious Swedish Meatballs Using Frozen Meatballs
These Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Sauce and Pureed potatoes are a work of art and a genuine solace nourishment. An amazingly tasty and simple supper recipe!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef lean
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs I used Panko
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard coarse grain
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or chicken broth, low sodium or no sodium added
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- parsley for garnish
For Mashed Potatoes
- 5 large potatoes peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted, 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup skim milk add more if needed
- 1/4 cup cream cheese light
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper or to taste
- Add all the meatball ingredients (excluding the olive oil) to a large bowl and mix well, use your hands. Shape into 1 inch meatballs. You should get about 40 meatballs.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium to high heat. Add meatballs and cook. If you’re using a large skillet all meatballs should fit in one batch otherwise, you might have to fry them in a couple batches. Cook the meatballs on all sides, add more oil if needed. Remove meatballs from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet add butter and melt. Add onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent. In a bowl add the cornstarch and beef broth and whisk. Add broth and remaining gravy ingredients to skillet, and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, sauce should thicken. If the sauce is too thick add a bit more beef broth. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- When the gravy is done add the meatballs back to the skillet and toss them around so they’re covered in the gravy. Garnish with parsley.
- For Mashed Potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in 1 inch cubes. Boil them on medium heat until potatoes are tender, for about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and in a medium bowl, add the potatoes, milk, butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper. Using a potato masher mash the potatoes until desired consistency. You may also use a hand mixer if you wish. Add additional milk as necessary.
- Serve meatballs over mashed potatoes.
Read more our recipe : The North Pole Cocktail
For more details : https://bit.ly/350etCa