At the point when I consider breadsticks, I think about the ones that are served at Italian cafés toward the start of a dinner. Crisp and hot from the broiler, secured with garlic, margarine and parmesan, and too delicate when you chomp in. While those sort of breadsticks are heavenly and I make them constantly, I also needed to make a low carb adaptation of the café style breadsticks that strike a chord when I consider breadsticks.
These breadsticks start with the fathead mixture recipe with certain changes to cause the batter to prepare up delicate and soft. Fathead batter is a low carb/keto mixture that is made out of cream cheddar, mozzarella cheddar, eggs and a flour substitute.
These breadsticks ought to be eaten hot. At the point when they chill off, the cheddar consolidates and the moves become hard. You can warm scraps in the microwave, toaster stove or broiler.
Eatery style delicate and rich garlic breadsticks that are also low carb, keto-accommodating and sans gluten. These breadsticks are tasty!
Also try our recipe Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks
These delicate, rich garlic breadsticks suggest a flavor like the ones served at eateries, however they are also low carb, keto and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cups part skim low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz full fat cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups super-fine almond flour*
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3 large eggs one egg is reserved for egg wash
Garlic Butter Topping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover the cream cheese with mozzarella (this will prevent the cream cheese from overheating and making a mess in your microwave). Melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals. After each 30 seconds, stir cheese until cheese is completely melted and uniform and resembles a dough in appearance (see photo for reference). This should only take around 1 minute total cooking time. Do not try to microwave the full time at once because some of the cheese will overcook. You can also melt the cheeses over the stove in a double boiler.
- Allow cheese dough to cool slightly (only a few minutes) so that it is still warm to the touch but not too hot. If the cheese is too hot it will cook the eggs. But don’t let the cheese cool down completely because then it will turn hard and you will not be able to blend it with the other dough ingredients.
- Add cheese, 2 eggs (remember the third egg is for the egg wash finish at the end only), and almond flour mixture into a food processor with dough blade attachment. Pulse on high speed until the dough is uniform. The dough will be quite sticky, which is normal.
- Scoop out dough with a spatula and place onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and knead a few times with the dough inside the plastic wrap until you have a uniform dough ball.
- Wrap your pastry board with plastic wrap until the plastic wrap is taut. You should have the plastic wrap running across the bottom of the board so that the weight of the board will help keep the plastic wrap in place. The plastic wrap should keep your dough from sticking to the board. Lightly coat your hands with oil and divide dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each dough into smooth 1 inch thick sticks.
- Add the final egg to a small bowl and whisk. Generously brush the surface of rolls with egg wash.
- Bake rolls for about 15 minutes in the middle rack of your oven, or until breadsticks are just cooked and just starting to brown.
- While breadsticks are baking, make the garlic butter topping. Add garlic, butter and oil in a small saucepan. Bring to low-medium heat and stir until butter is melted and garlic is lightly browned.
- When breadsticks are just done baking but still pale, remove from oven. Quickly brush them generously with the garlic butter topping (You don’t want to interrupt the cooking of the breadsticks for too long.) Sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley over the breadsticks.
- Place breadsticks back into the oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes or until breadsticks turn a golden brown.
- If desired, sprinkle more parmesan cheese and parsley over breadsticks before serving. You can serve breadsticks plain or with low carb marinara sauce.
Read more our recipe : Avocado Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
For more details : https://bit.ly/334WtoR