Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Rounds – Great golly, these things are paradise.
The enchantment is in the cinnamon walnut covering. That stuff is so insane delicious. A little ghee or spread with finely cleaved walnuts and cinnamon. Yum. I incline toward ghee in light of the fact that the milk fat is cooked out so I trust it’s somewhat better for you and genuinely I’m simply such an immense enthusiast of the stuff. Also, we’ve discovered that my better half who has a genuine dairy sensitivity can really endure ghee.
The potato adjusts themselves heat with a little coconut oil until they’re delicate and softly cooked. At that point that hull continues for a couple of extra minutes of heating.
I swear each nibble feels like a sweet potato dish. Sweet. Rich. Fulfilling. You’re going to adore it. In case you’re on Whole30 you might need to maintain a strategic distance from this one. While the fixings are in fact all agreeable the final product is sweet so I’d most likely consider this dish SWYPO.
Also try our recipe VEGAN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN CRUMBLE
Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Rounds are a normally sweet and rich side dish. They taste a great deal like a sweet potato meal however they’re Whole30, gluten free, and sugar free!
- 4 sweet potatoes medium
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
Cinnamon Pecan Crust
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tbsp ghee or butter if not Whole30
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice your sweet potatoes into rounds. Discard the ends of the potato.
- Lay sweet potato rounds in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or on stove top. Drizzle melted oil over potato rounds. Flip rounds to ensure each potato is well oiled.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip potatoes. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven to add crust.
Cinnamon Pecan Crust
- Melt ghee in the microwave or on stove top. Stir in cinnamon. Stir in chopped pecans. (If you bought your pecans already chopped you may want to chop them again so you have no large pieces. The smaller the are they better they will combine.) You should now have what looks like a cinnamon pecan paste.
- Place a dollop of the cinnamon pecan mixture on each potato round and spread to cover the top of the round.
- Place potatoes back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to warm the crust up.
- Remove from oven and use a spatula to remove each round from the baking sheet. (They’ll start to stick if you don’t remove them right away.)
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top. (Unsweetened works great because the sweet potatoes are naturally sweet on their own.) Serve immediately.
Read more our recipe : Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
For more details : https://bit.ly/2QN8aOd