Customarily, scalloped potatoes are heated with no cheddar, in a cream sauce, frequently made with crude flour in the sauce that thickens up as it prepares… and potatoes au gratin are gooey potatoes, however generally have a breadcrumb beating.
Be that as it may, such huge numbers of scalloped potatoes recipes have cheddar in them, and relatively few au gratin recipes have the breadcrumbs.
At last, I went with my past… and called this recipe gooey scalloped potatoes, since when I was growing up, my Mother made scalloped potatoes, and they generally had cheddar in them.
In the event that you’ve at any point had genuine home-cooked gooey scalloped potatoes, you know they’re difficult to beat. I’ve taken that great dish and included a garlic Parmesan enhance, just as included 3 sorts of cheddar. Thoroughly tried, these scalloped potatoes are no-come up short, and can be made early or solidified!
Still need to prepare the scalloped potatoes the day you make them however need to shave a break? Microwave the cut potatoes for around 10 minutes, to eliminate the all out preparing time (it will take around 45-50 minutes).
Also try our recipe Beef Short Ribs Gravy
Ultra velvety and rich, these mushy scalloped potatoes are loaded with extraordinary exemplary flavors!
- 1 1/4 lbs red potatoes, washed, but not peeled
- 1 1/4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, washed, but not peeled
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- fresh chives, for garnish
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- additional 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- additional 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- additional 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Slice potatoes in 1/8″ thin slices (I use this mandoline slicer), and set aside.
- Add butter to medium saucepan, and heat over MED heat. When butter is melted, add garlic and saute for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add flour, whisk, and cook 1 minute. Slowly add milk, whisking continuously, until no lumps remain. Whisk over MED heat until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Turn off heat, add cheeses, dry mustard, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper, and stir until smooth.
- Layer half the potatoes and onion slices in prepared casserole dish, pour approximately half of the cheese sauce over potatoes and let sit for a minute. Repeat with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle top of potatoes with gruyere, cheddar and Parmesan. Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray, then cover the casserole dish (sprayed side down). Place casserole on a baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered an additional 25-30 minutes. Potatoes should be tender and cheese melted. Broil on HIGH for a minute or two for extra browning and crispiness.
- Sprinkle top with chives and parsley and serve.
Read more our recipe : VEGAN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN CRUMBLE
For more details : https://bit.ly/2qnMKg5