Zuppa Toscana Soup would one say one is of my most famous soup recipes, have you attempted it yet? It’s stuffed with cuts of delicate chestnut potatoes, tasty Italian wiener and bacon, crisp kale and a rich and velvety juices. So much soothing flavor in one bowl of soup!
This soup is an ordinary in my house, it’s one of my families top picks! I love that it’s so natural to make and it has such an extraordinary flavor on account of those healthy bits of hotdog.
This recipe is propelled by the Zuppa Toscana Soup at Olive Nursery yet when you make it new at home it’s that vastly improved (in addition to my variant is by all accounts less brothier meaning you get more potatoes, bacon, kale and hotdog). Furthermore it’s made with affection right?
Zuppa Toscana – this is one of the most delectable most soothing soups! Simple to make and it has such a heavenly flavor!
Also try our recipe Cabbage Soup
Zuppa Toscana – This is one of the tastiest, most comforting soups on a chilly day! Everyone will want more!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (casings removed if necessary)
- 4 oz bacon (about 4 slices), diced into small pieces*
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 small onion)
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 lbs Russet potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed then sliced into halves, halves diced into 1/6-inch slices
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups packed chopped kale
- Finely shredded Romano cheese for serving, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage into 1-inch pieces and add to saucepan.
- Cook sausage, stirring occasionally until cooked through. Drain sausage onto a plate or baking dish lined with paper towels, set sausage aside.
- Add diced bacon to saucepan, return to heat and saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced onions and saute mixture until bacon is cooked through and onions are translucent, about 3 – 5 minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth, water, sliced potatoes, sugar, fennel seeds, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring soup just to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cooked sausage.
- Cover saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nearly tender, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add in kale then simmer until potatoes are soft and kale is tender, about 5 – 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in half and half and warm through. Use a spoon or ladle to remove excess fat from top of soup if desired. Serve warm topped with Romano cheese.
Read more our recipe : Easy Vegetable Lasagna
For more details : https://bit.ly/2pEcEIC