Making a major pot of gumbo is somewhat work concentrated, however it goes on for quite a long time and just shows signs of improvement with time. It’s ideal for a languid evening spent at home. Assemble a decent fire in the chimney and put your greatest pot on the stove.
The most tedious part and the most significant part is making the roux. It is a procedure that ought not be hurried. It frames the base of the flavor and you truly need to take the time and build up a profound, hearty flavor. Causing roux to can take some training. Turn the warmth up excessively high and it will consume and you should begin once more.
Notwithstanding shrimp and crab, this Fish Gumbo is also enhanced with the Sacred Trinity-(onions, chime pepper, and celery), heaps of garlic, a jug of lager, thyme, sound leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and loads of Cajun flavoring. Additionally there’s a pound of andouille hotdog for some substantiality.
Also try our recipe Seafood Mac & Cheese
This magnificent Fish Gumbo is brimming with shrimp and crab and it has a pleasant fiery kick. There’s in no way like a warm bowl of gumbo, and I particularly like a fish gumbo.
- 2 pounds unpeeled fresh large shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons chicken broth
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle amber beer
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup green onion tops
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Cooked rice for serving
- Peel and devein shrimp, placing shrimp shells in a large pot. Refrigerate shrimp until needed.
- In a large pot, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add shrimp shells and cook until pink. Then add broth.
- Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm until needed.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add oil and remaining 1/4 cup butter to Dutch oven. Heat over medium heat until butter is completely melted.
- Add flour and stir with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring frequently until roux is a dark caramel color. This will take 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green pepper and celery and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add beer and stir in well.
- Pour shrimp stock through a fine-meshed sieve into Dutch oven. (I like to add it in 3 separate additions, mixing well between additions.
- Add Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves, plus the reserved andouille sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add green onions, parsley, and shrimp. When shrimp are pink, remove from heat and stir in crabmeat.
- Serve with white rice.
Read more our recipe : Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole
For more details : https://bit.ly/31l3zEw