It’s that season where now and again you simply need a warm, basic, ameliorating dish that your family will love. This chicken noodle meal is the meaning of solace nourishment!
It begins with a custom made white sauce, utilizing extremely essential fixings you ideally as of now have in your pantry: margarine, flour, chicken juices, salt, pepper and dried basil. The sauce is a swap for what a great many people would utilize cream of chicken soup for.
At the point when the sauce is thickened, you add it to a huge blending bowl with the rest of the fixings, chicken, noodles and cheddar. The blend is saucy, gooey and heavenly!
Pour everything into an enormous meal dish, at any rate 9×13″. Include a sprinkle of extra cheddar on top and prepare it until the cheddar is brilliant and the blend is rising at the edges. Enable it to cool for at 10-15 minutes before serving, to enable it some an opportunity to set.
Also try our recipe Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Soothing chicken noodle goulash with a straightforward hand crafted white sauce, cheddar, chicken and egg noodles. My family adores this velvety, gooey, simple recipe!
- 12 ounces egg noodles , cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 24 ounces cottage cheese , small curd
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese , divided
- 4 cups cooked chicken , chopped
- fresh parsley leaves for garnish, optional
- Cook egg noodles in a large pot of boiling water, just until al dente, or even 1-2 minutes less. (The noodles will continue to cook when they are baked.)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium to medium high heat. Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried basil. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth, about a cup at a time, until mixture is thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese, egg, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Add mixture from the stovetop.
- Fold in cooked chicken and noodles. Taste and add additional salt, pepper or dried basil, if needed.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13’’ baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top and bubbly.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Read more our recipe : Vegan Pasta Fagioli
For more details : https://bit.ly/2pzt87V