Envision my shock and joy. Rarely do I discover a move of treat batter in my cooler simply standing by to be prepared up.
I adore shortbread treats for that very reason – that you can do 95% of the work ahead of time and after that simply cut and heat when you’re prepared. Presently, I don’t ordinarily hold up 10 entire days, in any case, it’s great to realize I can in the event that I have to.
I’m generally on the chase for simple treats that pack a genuine wow factor and shortbread treats fit the bill without fail. I adore shortbread for such a large number of reasons however one of those reasons is that as a treat, they are incredibly flexible.
Today, I’m sharing an alternate technique totally for making shortbread. Rather than cutting in virus spread with a pastry shaper as I do in my other shortbread recipes, this recipe requires a relaxed margarine.
So as to produce that brittle, flaky surface that shortbread is known for, a portion of the flour is subbed out for cornstarch. The other distinction you’ll notice is the powdered sugar rather than granulated sugar that I’m utilizing in this recipe.
Shortbread treats are one of my top choices since they require only a bunch of fixings, no eggs, and almost no time. An excessive number of shortbread treats are over-prepared bringing about an excessively dry treat that isn’t effectively delighted in. They extremely just need around 10 minutes and they’re finished. They don’t spread at all so don’t search for that as an indication of doneness.
Also try our recipe Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
These dissolve in your mouth Butterscotch Shortbread Treats are everything shortbread ought to be: rich, brittle delicately improved, and absolutely tasty.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring to combine.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and toffee bits.
- Place dough on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Form the dough into a log about 2.5 – 3 inches in diameter. Wrap the log with the plastic wrap and refrigerate dough roll for 1 to 2 hours or until nice and firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls and cut into ¼ inch slices. Place slices about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Read more our recipe : CARAMEL MARSHMALLOW HOT CHOCOLATE
For more detail : https://bit.ly/31MwmTB