Whenever you’re after a mushroom recipe, look no more remote than this snappy ‘n simple Prepared Mushroom Rice! It’s rich, garlicky, with brilliant dark colored delicious mushrooms and the heated rice is wonderfully fleecy.
The thought behind this recipe is that the stunning mushroom juice dribbles into the rice as it prepares – the best juices base ever! What turns out is phenomenal – brilliant dark colored cooked mushrooms over soft prepared rice.
It took two or three goes to make sense of things like the appropriate measure of mushrooms. An excess of mushrooms = too squished to go brilliant darker, too little = dried out rice. Quartered mushrooms work path superior to anything cut (cooks too rapidly).
As the mushrooms cook, they do recoil impressively which uncovers the surface region of the rice so you get exquisite brilliant darker crunchy bits that get hurled through the rice. Also on the edges – cooks’ benefit, pick them all off for yourself!
Also try our recipe Asian Mushroom Ramen Noodles
Prepared Mushroom Rice – rich, garlicky, brilliant darker succulent mushrooms and soft rice, all heated in one skillet!
- 650 g / 1.3 lb mushrooms , quartered
- 50 g / 3.5 tbsp butter , melted (hot, not cooled)
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves , minced (I use 3 – nice and garlicky!)
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice , uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml chicken or vegetable broth , low sodium
- 1 1/4 cups / 315 ml water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 shallots / green onions / scallions , finely sliced
- 1 – 2 tbsp butter , optional
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl. Pour over hot melted butter, add garlic, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Place all the Rice ingredients in a baking pan – 22 x 33 cm / 9 x 13″. Mine is 30 x 24 cm / 12 x 9.5″ – don’t need to be exact here, but don’t stray too much from pan size.
- Mix and shake the pan to spread the rice out evenly.
- Spread the mushrooms over the rice – they will be partially submerged but should pretty much cover the whole surface area (to be the “lid” while the rice cooks).
- Drizzle over olive oil.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until mushroom is golden. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- Finishes: Add extra butter (if using) and scallions. Toss through rice. Serve!
Read more our recipe : Paleo Corn Dog Muffins
For more detail : https://bit.ly/2XSPdJU