Sparkler Lettuce Wraps – I see you with your seared fresh tofu bits, your clingy dark colored rice noodles, your fragile lettuce leaves, and your velvety umami sauce. I see you and I cherish you and I need you.
These lettuce wraps are a major ordeal, in light of the fact that a) they taste, clearly, aaaamazing, and b) they are lettuce wraps that skill to really keep you full. The truth is out. I said Really KEEP YOU FULL. None of this two-tablespoons-of-ground-chicken-in-a-lettuce-leaf-considering a-feast business. I Adore lettuce wraps. I also love to be full after a supper, and once in a while it is elusive a lettuce wrap that can convey. Enter this tasty mashup.
Normally I am a colossal supporter of anything that includes wrapping up a basic noodle pan sear and conveying it straight from plate to hand to mouth. So truly, these are my new thing existing apart from everything else.
Also try our recipe Gluten Free Vegan Potstickers
Sparkler Lettuce Wraps that are joyfully veggie lover – with firm tofu bits, saucy darker rice noodles, and a smooth sesame sauce.
For the Firecracker Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (like sambal oelek) ++ for more firecrackery-ness
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a small knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- a clove of fresh garlic, peeled
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 container extra firm tofu (see notes)
- 4 ounces brown rice noodles
- lettuce leaves for wrapping
- peanuts, cilantro, lime for serving
- Noodle Prep: Soak your noodles in a bowl of lukewarm water for at least 30 minutes while prepping the rest of the recipe. You want the noodles to be soft and flexible.
- Sauce: Blend all the sauce ingredients together in a small blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Tofu: Press the tofu with a few paper towels to get some of the moisture out. Cut the tofu into small pieces. Heat a little oil in a nonstick skillet. Add your tofu. Stir-fry until golden brown. I usually let it sauté for at least 15 minutes. Add about half of the sauce to the pan. Stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes. As the sauce browns, it will form small crispy pieces around the tofu. Yum! Transfer tofu to a bowl.
- Noodles: Drain and rinse your noodles. Add another swish of oil to the pan and plop the noodles in. Add about half of the remaining sauce. Stir fry for just a minute or two until coated. Add a splash of water if it’s too sticky. Remove from heat immediately and toss with the tofu.
- Lettuce Wrap It Up: Fill your butter lettuce leaves with the noodle/tofu mixture (it’s okay if it’s sticky – you’re just wrapping it up in lettuce). Top with peanuts, cashews, cilantro, scallions, lime, and/or Sriracha if you want. YUM YUM YUM!
Read more our recipe : Weight Watchers Doughnut Muffins
For more detail : https://bit.ly/2EIBsVB