This is a sound Mexican Street Corn Salad, the serving of mixed greens part meaning you can toss it on truly everything. Eggs, tacos, chips, toast, burritos, plate of mixed greens, spoon… they’re all ideal vessels with which to breathe in this road corn serving of mixed greens.
Mexican road corn, or elote, is a barbecued old fashioned corn that is slathered with a spiced harsh cream/mayo sauce and came in brittle cotija cheddar. Mexican Street Corn Salad is a potluck-prepared adaptation of it, tossing in a couple of include ins and helping up the sauce with Greek yogurt!
This plate of mixed greens is warm and flavorful from the barbecued corn when you first make it, yet it can likewise be chilled and served cold (ideal for conveying to potlucks!)
Also try our recipe Rustic Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This Mexican Street Corn Salad recipe is a healthy version of the classic street vendor style elote, a grilled corn on the cob rolled in cotija cheese and lathered in a creamy sauce.
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt *80 g
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp honey 5 mL
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Splash of oil
- 4 ears corn about 3 cups, 285 g of kernels, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup canned black beans 200 g, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion 35 g
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup cotija cheese 88 g, crumbled, can sub feta
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large saute pan then add garlic and corn. Cook about 15 minutes, flipping frequently, until corn begins to char a bit. Gently toss with lime juice and salt.**
- In a large bowl, combine corn mix, black beans, pepper, onion, cilantro, and cheese. Drizzle sauce over and serve either warm or cold. Perfect over tacos, as a chip dip, or by itself!
Read more our recipe : Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Source : https://bit.ly/30h8Opq