This Carne guisada formula was enlivened by a zesty hamburger dish I had at a Mexican café we went to for lunch a week ago, and I recently intended to post it on my other blog, however since it’s like our Filipino-style of cooking, I think you’ll cherish it!
Give this simple yet tasty Mexican-style braised meat for supper today. It’s scrumptious presented with rice yet is similarly as astounding sandwiched between warm tortillas. Appreciate!
Also try our recipe Easy Mexican shrimp skillet
Carne Guisada with tender beef slices and potatoes braised in tomatoes for an easy weeknight dinner. It’s hearty, tasty and fantastic with rice!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds chuck steak, sliced thinly
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or wide skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with the back of a spoon, until softened and release juice.
- Add water or broth. Bring to a boil, skimming scum that floats on top.
- Add chili peppers.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 40 to 50 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add potatoes and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Read more our recipe : Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon
Source : https://bit.ly/2LdMzsH