This is the best veggie lover and vegetarian meatloaf! This simple lentil portion is loaded down with veggies and lentils, and is surprisingly better than the work of art! Make certain to utilize green or dark colored lentils, not red.
This vegetarian portion has the meatloaf flavors, however is so much better. It’s pressed with veggies that include a huge amount of flavor and surface, and built up with protein and fiber rich lentils. Also how reasonable lentil based formulas are!
You can serve this with Southwest Tofu Scramble
Delicious and easy vegan meatloaf made with lentils, mushrooms, and veggies. This lentil loaf makes a hearty vegan dinner that is tasty enough for Thanksgiving, but easy enough for weeknight dinners.
- 2 cups cooked French lentils (I used vacuum packed steamed lentils from the produce section. Be sure your lentils aren’t too wet from cooking.)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 ¼ cup diced crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 bell peppers, halved and seeded (optional)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- pinch brown or coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion, carrots, celery, pepper, and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper until softened. Add the garlic and saute another minute longer.
- In a food processor, pulse together the lentils, cooked vegetables, tomato paste, bbq sauce, flax meal, parsley, salt, pepper, oats, and breadcrumbs. You may have to work in batches if your food processor is small.
For more details : http://bit.ly/2IlqQBo
Read more our recipe 20-Minute Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Pasta Salad