These cupcakes are light, cushy and fun adaptation of the great mixed drink. The cupcake is enhanced with new pressed squeezed orange and orange get-up-and-go which gives it the most magnificent citrusy orange flavor. I decided not to shading the hitter, yet don’t hesitate to include a little orange shading on the off chance that you’d like. I likewise added a touch of tequila to both the cupcake and the icing.
The icing is a blend of both orange and cherry buttercreams twirled together for a fun multi-shaded cupcake. The orange icing has a smidgen of crisp pressed squeezed orange and orange get-up-and-go, and the cherry icing is enhanced with grenadine. I included a pinch of orange icing shading to the orange icing, however the pink shade of the cherry icing is all from the grenadine. Don’t hesitate to add more shading to the icing in the event that you need a bolder whirl.
The cupcakes are finished with a cherry and cut of orange, to give the full mixed drink impact! They make an extremely fun introduction and feel like summer in a cupcake. They are light and heavenly and make me feel like I ought to taste my tequila dawn mixed drink and eating a cupcake directly by the pool.
Also try our recipe Summer Sangria Cake
Tequila Sunrise Cupcakes. A cupcake recipe inspired by the cocktail with orange juice, grenadine and tequila decorated with two-tone frosting and maraschino cherry.
For the Cupcakes:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the Frosting:
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 5 teaspoons grenadine
- orange icing color, optional
- 12-14 cherries, optional
- 12-14 quarter slices of orange, optional
Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract and orange zest and mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then combine the orange juice, tequila and milk in a small measuring cup.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined. Add the orange juice mixture and mix until well combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
For more detail : https://bit.ly/2Ia6gUp
Read more our recipe Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie