It’s a fun formula to modify dependent on your own preferences or what you have close by. Swap out the dark beans for pinto beans, include a container of diced tomatoes for a juicier filling (we cherish this!), swap out the quinoa for rice, or include some flavor with smoky chipotle, and so on.
Fun and beautiful Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers! Simple holiday enhanced quinoa with dark beans and corn is full into these pretty pepper bundles for a marvelous sound dinner! (Vegan, gluten-free)
Also try our recipe ONE SKILLET MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE
This vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe is my fave! It’s full of delicious savory flavors, it’s quick and easy to make. Perfect for weeknight meal.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup corn (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
TOPPINGS OF CHOICE
- Guacamole, salsa, dairy-free sour cream, hot sauce, etc.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions with 1 1/2 cups water/broth. (I often use vegetable broth in place of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, halve bell peppers and remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Rinse and drain black beans, thaw corn, and slice green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and all other ingredients except bell peppers. Stir to combine, and adjust taste if necessary (salt, more seasonings, nutritional yeast).
- Preheat oven to 350.
For more instructions : https://bit.ly/2FP3fGA
Read more our recipe Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet