I found a couple of packs of child kale, which made my trek beneficial. I slipped a five into the money box and made a beeline for the staple to get my initial couple of pints of strawberries from California and asparagus. I could hold up no more.
Cooked veggies like asparagus sparkle in this orzo pasta formula. It’s stacked with supplements that give stomach related help, is calming, advances heart wellbeing, and is stuffed with cancer prevention agents. It very well may be eaten crude, sautéed, steamed, or simmered.
This orzo pasta formula is a family most loved and meets up rapidly after the cleaving is finished. While the veggies are simmering and pine nuts are toasting (hehe), the orzo is cooked and dressing is prepared.
Also try our recipe One Pot Lemon Pasta
Lemon Garlic Orzo with Roasted Vegetables, feta and pine nuts is packed with texture and flavor. Delicious served warm or chilled and makes fabulous leftovers or addition to a picnic, or pot luck. Vegetarian.
For the Orzo and Veggies:
- 1/3 C Pine Nuts* (see note) 64g
- 1 1/2 C Crimini Mushrooms destemmed and sliced, 116g
- 1 C Mix of Red Yellow, or Orange Bell Peppers, deseeded and diced (I use baby bells), 126g
- 1 lb Asparagus (sub zucchini or eggplant when in season!) cut into 1″ pieces with woody ends discarded, 426g
- 12 oz Cherry Tomatoes cut in 1/2, 340g
- 2 tsp Garlic minced, 6g
- 1/2 C Shallot chopped, 116g
- 3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided, 36g
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Ground
- 1 C Orzo 198g
- 1 1/2 C Vegetable Broth 354g
- 1/2 C Garlic and Herb Feta crumbled (Leave off for Vegan Option), 84g
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil 24g
- 1 Tbs Lemon juiced, about 2
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper ground
For the Garnish:
- 2-3 Tbs Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2-3 Tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
Toast the Pine Nuts:
- Preheat Oven to 350F (177C) and toast pine nuts for 6-7 minutes, or until toasty and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
Roast the Veggies:
- Turn oven up to 425F (218C). Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Place the mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, garlic and shallot on one pan. Sprinkle with 2 Tbs of olive oil. Using a spatula, mix all the veggies together with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then stir again. Move 1/2 the veggie mixture to the other sheet pan. Spread the veggies in one layer, making sure there’s no overlapping on both pans. Roast in 425F oven for 35-40 minutes (due to oven variations, keep an eye on your veggies and start checking your veggies at 25 minutes; a bit of charring is good!** SEE NOTES!!). Rotate pans 1/2 way through roasting.
For more detail : https://bit.ly/2CYTQur
Read more our recipe Bang Bang Shrimp Egg Rolls