One of my most loved Mexican suppers (other than chimichangas) are enchiladas. Entertaining side note: did you know “chimichanga” is Spanish for thing-a-mama dance? Ha!
I’m not wild about the red sauce enchiladas. The red sauce can some of the time be so overpowering in taste for me that I can’t generally taste different flavors in the dish.
A light-tasting sharp cream sauce that has a trace of warmth from the green chiles. You can taste every one of the flavors in these smooth chicken enchiladas; the chicken, the tortillas and the velvety cheddar. It is such a decent blend of flavors that run so well with a side of refried beans and rice.
Also try our recipe Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas is made with flour tortillas, shredded chicken, mozzarella, green chiles and a delicious white cream sauce!
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 10 flour tortillas (taco size)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or mozzarella)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- salt & pepper & Adobo seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- You can cook your chicken a couple of ways. You can roast a couple of chicken breasts in the oven. Just drizzle a bit of olive oil on them and season with salt and pepper and cook for about 35-45 minutes.
- Or you can boil your chicken until cooked. Or you could use a store bought rotisserie chicken. It just depends on how much time you have to prepare this and what flavor you want from your chicken. The roasted and rotisserie chicken are going to give you the most flavor.
- Once chicken is cooked, you’ll want to shred it using two forks. Or if you have a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, put your chicken in the mixing bowl. Turn mixer on and within a minute your chicken will be perfectly shredded.
- Add in 1 cup of shredded cheese to shredded chicken along with salt, pepper and Adobo (if using.)
- Place chicken mixture in each of the flour tortillas.
- Roll them all up and place them in the baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don’t let it burn).
- Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
For more detail : http://bit.ly/2UYZ4R7
Read more our recipe Vegan Lentil Loaf