The cupcake surface is rich and delicate – and the coconut enhance is sweet, and somewhat nutty without being overwhelming.
The cupcakes are really made with a triple does of coconut. Destroyed coconut, Coconut milk, Coconut separate. For the destroyed coconut, we’ll measure out 1/2 container at that point procedure it in the nourishment processor (a blender works as well). At that point it gets filtered into the dry fixings. For the coconut milk, make a point to shake/mix it great before including it into the hitter. Lastly, a little coconut separate for much more delightfulness.
Also try our recipe Key Lime Cupcakes
These coconut cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting have a triple dose of coconut and a soft, buttery texture. The perfect tropical cupcake recipe!
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2/3 cup coconut milk , mixed very well*
Lime Buttercream Frosting
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut , for decorating (optional)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- 1.5 tablespoons lime zest
- 3.5-4.5 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice , freshly squeezed – not from the bottle
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream , if needed
- 2-3 drops green food coloring , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Place the 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a food processor or blender and process until it’s a fine powder.
- Then in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, processed coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract & coconut extract.
- Turn the mixer down to low speed and beat in the flour mixture followed by the coconut milk.*
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin papers and bake for 15-17 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
For more details : http://bit.ly/2Gfr09R
Read more our recipe Raspberry Bourbon Smash