This delightful Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake is sweet, tart, magnificently sodden and cushy, thus simple to make!
The straightforward lemon coat on top gives the portion a slight outside layer with that additional lemon punch! Why not eat a cut or two with some espresso or tea?
A pastry specialist’s trap is to hurl the blueberries with a tablespoon of flour before collapsing it into the hitter. The flour ought to be taken from the formula so the flour sum remains the equivalent. Likewise, in the wake of filling the portion dish, make sure to top the portion with more blueberries before preparing.
Also try our recipe Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
A classic family favourite recipe! This delicious Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake is sweet, tart, wonderfully moist and fluffy, and so easy to make! Dessert Cakes Breakfast Quick Bread.
For the loaf cake:
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter, soften
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup (8 oz.) fresh blueberries
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 lemon (¼ cup), juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 8×4 (or 9×5) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Add the milk and eggs then mix until combined.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt together and then slowly add to the batter in batches, whisking in between, until well incorporated and the batter is smooth. Using a spatula, gently fold in most of the blueberries, reserving a small handful of blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean in the center.
- In a small bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients until the sugar dissolves into the lemon juice. Take a fork or toothpick and poke holes over the top of the loaf before pouring the glaze over the top of the hot loaf. Let it cool before removing from the pan. Slice and serve.
For more detail : http://bit.ly/2UZNUvu
Read more our recipe Watermelon-Moscato Slush