This cake is heavenly! I think you’ll like it, as well. This formula starts with the enchanted mix of blueberries and lemon.
Each nibble is stuck stuffed with a sweet taste of blueberry and damp, rich cake that will wake your taste buds promptly in the first part of the day. Easy to make and brings everybody up, down to the table for a family breakfast together.
It is totally WONDERFUL! I cherish breakfast cakes and the blueberries and buttermilk in this cake make it additional extraordinary 🙂
Also try our recipe Starbucks Copycat Blueberry Muffins
I swear buttermilk is magic. It seems to turn everything into gold: super-moist, super-delicious gold.
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons | 4 oz | 113 g ) unsalted butter, room temperature
- zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 cup (214 g) sugar (set aside 1 tablespoon for sprinkling)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups (256 g) all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (I like 1.25 tsp)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, cream the butter with the lemon zest and the 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, and stir with spatula to incorporate. Add all of the buttermilk. Stir. Add remaining flour, and stir until flour is absorbed. Fold in the blueberries. (Leave excess flour from the blueberry bowl behind.)
For more instructions : https://bit.ly/2UnM7zY
Read more our recipe Grapefruit Mojitos