I completely LOVE veggie patties and I’m always exploring different avenues regarding new flavors, hues and surfaces. A few formulas are superior to other people, however every one of them are delectable!
On the off chance that you are a zesty nourishment fan and love smoky flavors, at that point these veggie lover lentil cakes will turn into your most loved as well! Smoked paprika is totally stunning, you’ll adore it! As far back as I found it I’ve been utilizing it like insane in practically the entirety of my formulas! It totally changes any dish.
Also try our recipe Vegetable Fritters
These spicy vegan lentil cakes are perfect for satisfying your spicy food cravings! They’re easy to make, protein-rich and have a spicy and smoky flavor!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 Tbsps psyllium husks (or one large egg)
- 4 Tbsps nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 bell peppers (I used one red and one yellow), chopped
- about ½ cup flour of choice (I used some chickpea flour)
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tsp spicy paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- Add lentils in a pot and cover them with water. From the moment they start boiling, let them boil for about 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Strain the lentils very well and put them in a large bowl. Start mashing them using a fork or a vertical blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, except oil.
- Start mixing the composition. It has to be sticky and easy to shape. If it’s not it means that you didn’t strain the lentils very good and the composition is too wet. No problem, just add more flour until it has a dough-like consistency. Alternatively, let it rest in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray a non stick pan with some oil. Not too much. Put each patty on the frying pan and let it fry about 2 minutes on each side.
Now, if you don’t want to make all the lentil cakes at once, you can just leave the bowl with the composition in the fridge and cover it with some plastic foil. It can sit in the fridge for 3-4 days. Anytime you want a lentil cake, just take some of it and fry the patty. This is what I usually do.
Read more our recipe Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
Source : https://bit.ly/2Syew2g