I am so cheerful the manner in which this Mexican Chicken Soup has turned out. It is low in carb and not extremely rich. So you can have a major bowl of this soup with no blame. The smokey kinds of this Low Carb Soup, makes it significantly progressively flavorful.
The Chicken is superbly cooked due to moderate cooking in a simmering pot. In the event that you are not stressed over carbs, at that point load this soup with crunchy tortilla chips or include some roasted corn.
This Mexican Soup is rich and velvety. Boneless chicken bosom is cooked gradually alongside onion, garlic, herbs, simmered cumin powder and chipotle bean stew powder in a slow cooker. As a result of moderate cooking, the chicken bosom is extremely succulent.
Also try our recipe The Best Chicken Soup
This Low Carb Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup is full of Mexican flavors. This delicious soup has everything that you would need to comfort yourself in winter.
- 400 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
- 200 gms plum tomato Fire-roasted
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1.5 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika (Optional)
- 1 tspn Mexican Seasoning (optional)
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn oil (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Take oil in a pan. Once hot, put minced garlic, followed by onion. Fry till Onion start to brown a little bit.
- To a pre-heated Slow cooker, add chicken breast, crushed tomatoes, cooked Onion and garlic mixture, all the spices, warm Chicken Stock and salt.
- Cover and let it cook on high 2-3 hours.
- At the end of cooking using two forks shred the chicken breast.
- To the Crock Pot, stir in chopped bell peppers, Cream, cream cheese, Shredded cheese. Further cook on high for 20-30 minutes.
- While serving, top it with fresh cilantro, Sour cream, Avocados.
- Caramelizing Onion and Garlic is an optional step. You can directly dump everything into the slow cooker. I prefer to do it because It maximizes the flavor.
- I roasted 4-5 medium tomatoes on the stove top. Chopped with a knife and reserved the juices. You can also substitute with equivalent canned tomatoes.
- If you prefer the soup more water like, then increase the stock quantity.
For more detail : https://bit.ly/2KypeVp
Read more our recipe BLACK PEPPER & PARMESAN SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC ROASTED TOMATOES