This cucumber and tomato serving of mixed greens is good to the point that you could eat only it and never consider eating whatever else with it, similar to bread, meat, and so on. It’s one of those plates of mixed greens that is so adjusted thus delectable that you ache for it, similar to you would chocolate. I get those desires. Interestingly, this serving of mixed greens is simple and fast to make.
When picking tomatoes for this serving of mixed greens ensure they are fragrant and ready. Purchase the best tomatoes you can discover. It will have an immense effect. In the event that the tomatoes are not completely ready, abandon them on a windowsill for two or three days to mature. You need them completely ready, somewhat delicate, fragrant and succulent. That is the sort of tomato that makes this cucumber and tomato serving of mixed greens sparkle.
The cucumbers, then again, ought to be crisp and crunchy, to make a textural differentiation to the tomatoes. Talking about this serving of mixed greens as of now makes my mouth water.
Also try our recipe Mediterranean Chickpeas Salad with Herb-Citrus Vinaigrette
Simple and flavorful ingredients make this cucumber and tomato salad delicious and addictive. The good thing is that this salad is very easy and quick to make.
For the vegetables:
- 5 large tomatoes (fresh and fully ripe; tomatoes on the vine are a very good choice)
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1 English cucumber (fresh and firm)
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (very good quality)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Core the tomatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges, then cut each wedge in half. Place the tomatoes into a large bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of brown sugar, salt, and pepper, and toss really well.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice it into 1/4″ thick slices. Add the cucumbers to the tomatoes.
- Slice half the red the onion into very thin slivers crosswise. Then cut the slivers in half, or leave as is, depending on you preference. Add to cucumbers and tomatoes. Add the chopped parsley and cilantro.
- To prepare the dressing, throw all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together vigorously, until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently using both hands. Cover the bowl with plastic and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve, for 1 to 6 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together. Then serve and refrigerate the leftovers for up to 3 days.
Read more our recipe Sweet Tea Margaritas
Source : https://bit.ly/2sZxPGA