This One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice dish is ideal for a bustling weeknight when things are boisterous. Just a single dish to clean for this fantastic one-container supper formula.
I’m somewhat late to the one-pot, one-container party. I don’t have the foggiest idea why I’ve been safe yet with nourishment patterns, I’m either actually early or actually late to attempt them.
I wasn’t anticipating sharing this dish, which is the reason there aren’t any well ordered shots. Be that as it may, I have your back y’all. Simple suppers are difficult to find so I needed to share. Particularly chicken suppers.
Also try our recipe Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice is a cheesy, easy dinner loaded with simple ingredients like chicken, rice, and broccoli. This one-pan meal can be ready in under 30 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, , diced finely
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, , minced
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked extra long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth, (I like to use Better than Buillion Chicken base)
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets, , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet or pan, sauté onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Push chicken to one side of the pan and add additional tablespoon of olive oil to other side.
- Add the uncooked rice in the olive oil and saute it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook chicken and rice mixture covered for about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the broccoli evenly over the chicken and rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook covered another 8 minutes on low, or until broccoli and rice are both tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in half a cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover with a lid, letting it sit for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- If you’re using rotisserie chicken add the chicken at the end with the cheese just to heat it through.
- You need a large skillet or pan with a higher edge for this dish to hold everything. I used a 12-inch skillet that had a slightly raised edge and it worked great.
Read more our recipe Healthy Spinach Tortillas
Source : https://bit.ly/2JTqJOv