How have you been making the most of our barbecued summer formulas so far this late spring? This Paleo + Whole30 barbecued pineapple chicken may very well be my undisputed top choice! It has this smoky grill season, with a trace of sweetness and that flame broiled pineapple… does it at any point show signs of improvement? Solid summer suppers have never tasted so great!
The kind of the chicken marinade for this formulas resembles a tidied up Hawaiian BBQ sauce. It’s somewhat smoky, somewhat sweet and will make them lick the additional items off your fingers! We utilize all genuine nourishment fixings dissimilar to many locally acquired sauces and marinades and dates are our essential sugar, keeping this one Whole30 consistent if that is your thing!
Also try our recipe Garlic Chicken with Broccoli and Spinach
This Paleo + Whole30 grilled pineapple chicken has a smoky barbecue flavor, with a hint of sweetness and juicy grilled pineapple for a healthy summer dinner!
- 1 fresh pineapple, skin removed and cut into rounds with the core removed
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (or breasts)
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften then drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For serving and topping:
- White or cauli rice (Cauli rice for Whole30)
- Mixed greens
- Chopped green onions (for topping)
- Soak dates in warm water as noted to soften.
- To make the marinade, place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart.
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl or dish and pour the marinade over. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When you are about ready to grill, cut pineapple into rounds as noted. Cut out the tough inner core from the rounds and set aside.
- Heat your grill to high heat (about 500° F). Add the chicken and pineapple to grill and cook, flipping once and basting chicken with any remaining marinade until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side depending on the size of the chicken. Remove pineapple when it is grilled to your liking (we grilled it just 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve chicken and pineapple with your desired side, over rice or over greens (or greens and rice). Enjoy.
Read more our recipe Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Source : https://bit.ly/2Rt5h6U