This broiled rice requires only 10 fixings and simple, idiot proof strategies. Counting cooking the rice, the entire dish meets up in barely an hour and feeds two liberally as an entrée bragging 22 grams protein!
Make this as an entrée or a side dish when a genuine Chinese takeout wanting strikes! I figure it’s far more beneficial and more fulfilling than anything you’ll discover at an eatery.
Also try our recipe Southwest Tofu Scramble
Easy, 10-ingredient vegan fried rice that’s loaded with vegetables, crispy baked tofu, and tons of flavor! A healthy, satisfying plant-based side dish or entrée.
RICE + VEGETABLES
- 1 cup extra-firm tofu* (8 ounces yields ~1 cup)
- 1 cup long- or short-grain brown rice* (rinsed thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrots (finely diced)
- 3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce (plus more for veggies + to taste)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 -3 Tbsp organic brown sugar, muscovado sugar, or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1-2 tsp chili garlic sauce (more or less depending on preferred spice)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional // or sub peanut or avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease with non-stick spray).
- In the meantime wrap tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and set something heavy on top (such as a cast iron skillet) to press out the liquid.
- Once the oven is preheated, dice tofu into 1/4-inch cubes and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 26-30 minutes. You’re looking for golden brown edges and a texture that’s firm to the touch. The longer it bakes, the firmer and crispier it will become, so if you’re looking for softer tofu remove from the oven around the 26-28 minute mark. I prefer crispy tofu, so I bake mine the full 30 minutes. Set aside.
- While the tofu bakes prepare your rice by bringing 12 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, add rinsed rice and stir. Boil on high uncovered for 30 minutes, then strain for 10 seconds and return to pot removed from the heat. Cover with a lid and let steam for 10 minutes*.
- While rice and tofu are cooking, prepare sauce by adding all ingredients to a medium-size mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more tamari or soy for saltiness, peanut butter for creaminess, brown sugar for sweetness, or chili garlic sauce for heat.
For more detail : bit.ly/2OvzWvJ
Read more our recipe One Pan Greek Chicken Meal Prep (Paleo, Whole30, Keto, AIP)