Vegan Pasta Fagioli is a basic, rural Italian bean and pasta soup that is very simple to make and can be on the table in pretty much 30 minutes. What’s fantastic about pasta e fagioli is that it resembles two formulas in one – include more stock for a soup and somewhat less for a pasta dish!
There are bunches of local varieties – some tomato-based, others stock-based; some flimsy, others thick; some veggie lover, others incorporate pancetta or parmesan. The main thing you can make certain about is that you need pasta and beans.
Vegan pasta fagioli is the sort of dish you can make all year. Similarly as with all soups, it’s warm, consoling and generous in the winter, yet with the expansion of occasional veggies like zucchini and crisp tomato you have yourself a flavorful, reviving, nutrient pressed summer soup that makes an extraordinary vegetarian fundamental dish just presented with a touch of dried up bread.
Also try our vegan pasta recipe Vegan Tuscan Rigatoni
Vegetarian pasta fagioli is a simple, rustic Italian bean and pasta soup that’s extremely easy to make and can be on the table in just about 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Half an onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 780 gram can (28 oz) of whole tomatoes
- 570 gram jar (20 oz) of white beans
- 125 grams (4.5 oz) baby spinach
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 200 grams (7 oz) short pasta
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the oil, onion, carrot and celery. Fry for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the garlic and fry until soft, then add the zucchini and basil. Fry for another couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and their juice and use your spoon to break them into smaller pieces.
- Add the beans and their liquid, spinach, vegetable stock, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate pot, cook the the pasta until al dente. Drain and add the pasta to the soup. Serve immediately.
Read more our recipe Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
Source : https://bit.ly/2KO33Lf