Pasta is one of my outright most loved things to eat, and when I made this one, I realized I needed to share.
It’s practically making a snappy white sauce, at that point mixing it with sun dried tomatoes which brings a burst a flavor! Including bean stew chips gives it some warmth, so you include with a delicious rich and fiery sun dried tomato sauce.
This pasta recipe is:
- made mostly from ingredients that you can keep in your pantry, making it easy for those nights you need to whip up a dinner last minute
- quick to make, about 30 minutes (+ however long it takes to cook your pasta)
- gluten free if you use gluten free pasta
Also try our recipe Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta
A creamy spicy sun dried tomato sauce that’s simple and quick to make. Uses simple ingredients which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Vegan and gluten free when using your favourite gluten free pasta.
- 250g uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic gloves, minced (2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (jarred in oil, with garlic and herbs included), drained from any oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 to 3 big handfuls of rocket or baby spinach
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions, but leave the pasta just slightly undercooked. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Mix in cornflour and cook for a further minute. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 cup of almond milk, making sure that the mixture is smooth besides the garlic. When it has thickened, add the remaining cup of almond milk. When it has thickened slightly (it will thicken further when blended), pour this into a blender.
- Add 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast and 1/3 cup water to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Rinse out the frying pan and heat up 1/2 tsp of oil. Cut the remaining sun dried tomatoes to be roughly 2cm pieces. Add this along with the onion to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Add chilli flakes and dried oregano and cook for a further minute. If it sticks to the frying pan, add a splash of water.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, making sure the heat is low to medium to prevent it from sticking. When the sauce is heated through, add in the pasta. Add pepper to taste and any extra salt or a splash of water if needed. When the pasta is heated through, serve this on top of the greens.
Read more our recipe Fruit Pizza
Source : https://bit.ly/2V6yYYW