Turkey Mushroom Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash is a straightforward, nutritious supper. Loaded up with winter flavors, normally gluten free + ideal for a speedy dinner!
This Turkey Mushroom Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash is ideal for eating on a virus fall/winter night. Oak seed squash gets broiled to flawlessness and hurled with protein stuffed turkey, mushrooms, apples and melty cheddar for the ideal salty and sweet combo. Done in less than a hour thus simple to make, this stuffed oak seed squash formula will be your new top pick.
Also try our recipe Turkey Meatloaf with Zucchini and Feta
Looking for a simple, nutritious dinner? This Turkey, Mushroom & Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash is perfect for a quick healthy meal and filled with warm winter flavors.
- 2 acorn squash halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere or mozzarella all work great!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment + spray with olive oil to prevent squash from sticking
- Slice acorn squash in half, scoop out seeds and place flat on sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake the squash for 20 minutes, until it is tender when pierced with a fork
- While the squash cooks – sauté turkey in olive oil for 10-15 minutes until brown.
- Add in chopped mushrooms, apples, chicken stock, and spices to the pan with the turkey. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- When the squash is done, remove from the oven + scoop out most of the cooked center.
- Add the squash filling to the turkey/mushroom/apple mixture in the pan+ stir until completely mixed in.
- Scoop the turkey/squash mixture back into the squash + top with cheese of choice
- Bake them at 450 for 5-10 minutes until cheese melts, and then broil for 2-3 minutes so the cheesy gets crispy.
To make this Turkey Mushroom Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash paleo or whole30 just leave off the cheese!
Read more our recipe Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Source : https://bit.ly/2Ef27LQ