Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage and Spinach is Tomato Soup taken up an entire bundle of indents with hot Italian Sausage, Spinach and Tortellini. Completed off with a firm, gooey crostini, This is unquestionably not your regular canned assortment soup, and it’s an incredible one pot feast that is ideal for a virus winter night!
I have dependably been a devotee of tomato soup. I cherish the smoothness, the rich tomato flavor and splendor of the tomatoes. So envision my pleasure when I joined those flavors I adore with fiery Italian Sausage, Spinach and Cheesy Tortellini!
Also try our recipe Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup
Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage & Spinach is Delicious comfort food perfect for those cold evenings. Easy enough for a weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion about 1/2 medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. oz. box of vegetable broth chicken works too
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 9- ounce package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 Baguette
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion. Saute until onions are soft.
- Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable (or chicken) broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices. Butter one side and place butter side down in a hot skillet until golden brown. Flip bread slices over and sprinkle with Parmesan while the other side gets golden brown. Transfer to a plate and immediately cover loosely with foil if cheese has not completely melted.
For a creamier soup, add a half cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Read more our recipe Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
Source : https://bit.ly/2FPuhOy