These Spicy Sofritas Black Bean Bowls are solid, basic and very heavenly. Ideal for supper preparing or occupied weeknights!
What’s not to adore? You get the chance to toss a cluster of scrumptious things into a bowl, blend it up and eat up (or if nothing else that is my specialty). Also, this bowl is the same.
A mix of chipotle peppers in adobo, salsa, onion and garlic are mixed up to make this yummy sauce. It is then blended in with disintegrated tofu and dark beans. Serve it up with some rice (or quinoa) and new avocado and you have the ideal dinner.
Also try our recipe Wild Rice Burrito Bowl
These Spicy Sofritas Black Bean Bowls are healthy, simple and super delicious. Perfect for meal prepping or busy weeknights!
FOR THE SOFRITAS
- 6 oz can chipotles in adobo
- 1 small jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt to taste (if needed)
- sugar optional
- 16 oz firm tofu
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups leftover cooked white rice or quinoa
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- salt to taste
- lime wedges
- Add chipotles, jalapeno, garlic, salsa, red onion and lime to a blender or food processor. Combine until smooth (adding water if needed). Taste and add salt if needed.* Set aside until ready to use.
- Drain and press tofu. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add tofu to the pan and break it apart with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until tofu begins to brown slightly. Add sauce and black beans to the tofu and stir to combine. Allow to cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the sofritas is cooking, peel and pit avocados. Put in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add lime juice, red onion, salt and cilantro (to taste) and stir to combine.
- To assemble bowls, add 1/2 cup of rice to the bowl, followed by 1/2 cup sofritas mixture and a dollop of guacamole. Top bowls with additional cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
*If it is too spicy, add a pinch of sugar and blend again
Read more our recipe Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
Source : https://bit.ly/2Sk1bh2