I generally attempt to begin my day with having a morning meal high in protein. In addition to the fact that it gives me vitality it keeps me feeling full which is so essential. I most likely prepare a tofu scramble no less than 3 times each week which made me figure for what reason don’t I place it into a morning meal burrito? Seemed like a superb thought. Particularly since I hadn’t had a “breakfast burrito” since before I quit eating meat. Indeed, I simply needed to change that. Presenting – protein pressed veggie lover breakfast burrito! Sound + generous + scrumptious. You are going to cherish these!
It might look like fried eggs in this morning meal burrito however I guarantee it’s mixed tofu! The scramble gets its shading from including turmeric (enchantment fixing!) with a little cumin, ocean salt and pepper. There is additionally sautéed red onion and garlic in this scram. So straightforward yet so scrumptious.
Also try our recipe Fresh Vegan Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
The ultimate protein packed (32 grams!) vegan breakfast burrito! 20-minutes to make, hearty and super tasty. Make ahead of time for an easy & healthy breakfast!
- ½ medium red onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 12 oz extra firm tofu (pressed, see notes)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ avocado (chopped into small pieces)
- ⅓ cup salsa of choice (I used pico de gallo)
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- Place a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add your oil. Once heated add your onions & season with s&p. Cook until cooked down & starting to lightly brown (about 4-5 minutes). Add your garlic & cook (stirring constantly) for another minute.
- Add in your tofu (crumble it with your hands, see picture). Add in turmeric, cumin and another pinch of sea salt & pepper. Stir until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- To assemble your burritos line up all your ingredients (leaving room on all sides, see photo) & roll up! Enjoy!
- Feel free to freeze these, just place in a sealed plastic bag.
*To press your tofu place on a plate and cover with a couple paper towels & press down to absorb the moisture.
*Make sure you get extra firm tofu which has the least amount of moisture (I get mine from Trader Joes)
Read more our recipe Caramel Milkshake
Source : https://bit.ly/2vQSG0N