This red wine braised hamburger broil is a simple one-pot supper that is out and out solace nourishment. One pot + meat broil + carrots + onions + garlic = nourishment for the spirit.
It utilizes just a single pot. One. Ain’t no one going to grumble about that, amiright?!? It’s overly delectable. You have braised hamburger cook, carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings braised in some great ‘ol meat stock and red wine (would prefer not to utilize wine simply sub additional hamburger soup). This is the solace sustenance that your spirit needs.
You can store the scraps in a similar pot in the refrigerator so potentially barely any cleanup for today around evening time’s dinner. Whoo hoo! Would i be able to get a yell out to insignificant cleanup?
Also try our recipe Beef Short Ribs Gravy
This red wine braised beef roast is an easy one-pot meal that is downright comfort food.
- 2-3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 1 16oz bag baby carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 3-4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (shiraz or cabernet) *
- 2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Roast
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Dry roast with paper towels. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on plate. Dredge seasoned roast on all four sides through the flour. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in dutch oven (or ovenproof pot) on medium-high heat. When hot add roast and sear all four sides for 2-3 min per side**. Set roast aside on plate.
For the Carrots, Onion, & Garlic
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in dutch oven (after searing roast) over medium high heat. When hot add garlic, onions, and carrots. Sauté for 4-6 minutes- or until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add DRY red wine to deglaze pan, scraping up the small bits. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 min.
- Add beef broth, worcestershire, dried thyme, sage, bay leaf, and salt and pepper (to taste).***
- Submerge roast into liquid, carrots, onions, and garlic. Place lid on dutch oven.
It all Comes Together
- Cook for 2-3 hours in oven (our 2lb roast took 2 hours), or until meat falls apart with fork.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes. Serve. ****
* if you do not have wine on hand or just want to omit it all together you can use 1 cup beef broth in its place.
** you may want to turn on your oven fan while searing the roast.
*** we used 1 tsp of salt while adding all the herbs into the pot
****we served this over mashed potatoes and it was delish!
Read more our recipe Low-Carb Shredded Chicken Tacos
Source : https://bit.ly/2F1XYfP