This is one of those formulas that I get somewhat over the top about. Since I have to get it without flaw before I share it here with all you recognizing sustenance sweethearts. We have a benevolent trust thing going on and it implies such a great amount to me that we are sustenance adoring BFF’s.
So this KFC style popcorn chicken was made a sum of multiple times previously I chose it was adequate to be shared here.
There’s nothing genuinely extraordinary about the broiled chicken. I tried a couple of blends – twofold absorb buttermilk, flour + buttermilk + panko + buttermilk covering, skirting the flour totally and so forth and so forth. what’s more, I think the extent that you utilize some buttermilk and stick to panko breadcrumbs, the crunch will be LOUD and CLEAR.
Also try our recipe Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
These KFC style spicy popcorn chicken bites taste just like the real thing and disappear in minutes! Easy, crunchy and perfectly spiced.
- 300 grams Chicken (Boneless)
- (Oil for Frying)
for the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic (paste)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or Paprika Powder)
- to taste Salt
for the coating:
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Panko (Breadcrumbs)
- to taste Salt (and Pepper)
for the spice mix:
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kashmiri Chilli Powder (or Paprika Powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon Sugar (Powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- Cut the boneless chicken into 1 inch bite sized pieces.
- Mix together all the ingredients under marinade and rub all over the chicken. Marinate for at least half an hour.
- Season the flour and panko breadcrumbs for coating with salt and pepper.
- To start making popcorn chicken, arrange an assembly line of sorts. Place flour, buttermilk and breadcrumbs next to each other along with the chicken. Arrange a wire rack to place the chicken once crumb coated.
- Now start by lightly coating the chicken with flour. Dip it in buttermilk next, and then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat for each piece of chicken, and keep placing them on the wire rack.
- Heat oil for frying and deep fry in batches on medium heat till the chicken is cooked through and lightly brown on the outside.
- In the meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients under spice mix.
- Dust the chicken pieces with the spice mix as soon as they are fried. This helps coat the mixture all over the chicken. I usually sprinkle the spicy mix and toss the chicken in it while it’s still hot. Serve hot with some sriracha mayo dipping sauce or schezwan sauce.
Read more our recipe Love Martini Cocktail
Source : https://bit.ly/2UHRIhb