Tis the period of affection. Heart formed treats are a Valentines must. So get these on your rundown for that unique individual – or for yourself (since when we make treats for somebody, aren’t we making them the same amount of for ourselves at any rate? :))
I can now at last say I’ve made Linzer treats. It’s something or other that, throughout the previous 10 years, I’ve been stating I’ll before long make. All things considered, there’s no preferable time over at this point. These treats have constantly made me consider Valentines Day.
Numerous individuals make them at Christmas time and truly they are ideal for whenever of year, however I state they are best for Valentines Day as a result of their excellent, common red shading and dainty heart shape.
Also try our recipe Heart Marbled Valentine Sugar Cookies
A tender buttery cookie cut into fun shapes and baked then filled with sweet raspberry jam. Perfect cookie for the holidays! These cookies taste heavenly! Perfect for Valentines Day!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (96g) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar , plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 8 oz strawberry or raspberry jam , seedless if preferred (preferably freezer jam)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder, set aside. In a food processor, pulse almonds with brown sugar until finely ground, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter and powdered sugar on low speed until combined, then increase to medium-high and whip until creamy, about 1 minute. Mix in egg, then blend in vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix in almond mixture, then with mixer set on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined. Form mixture into a ball and drop onto a sheet of plastic wrap, then flatten into a 6-inch round disk, cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dust work surface with flour, cut disk in half and then evenly roll out each portion into 1/8 to 1/6-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes using a cookie cutter, then using a smaller heart shape cookie cutter, cut smaller hearts into the centers of half of the hearts.
- Carefully transfer to Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets (you can run a sharp knife or pastry scaper under cookies to help lift them if needed. Also, chill dough that’s not currently being rolled or baked, the hearts hold their shape better when cold), spacing cookies 1-inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 – 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread strawberry jam over whole hearts, dust cookies with heart cut centers with powdered sugar then place those cookies over over tops. Store in an airtight container.
Read more our recipe Peach Strawberry Sangria
Source : https://bit.ly/2RKjCH8