This French Strawberry Cake will be your new most loved late spring treat. Reminiscent of an exemplary French Apple Cake it has a scrap that is sweet and custardy with a best that prepares up light and brittle. This cake is the ideal method to flaunt those new picked strawberries!
The Strawberry Skillet Cake was the primary I made however my cast iron skillet is a lot greater than 9-crawls in width. So I chose to perceive how this cake fared in a conventional 9-inch cake container.
Also try our recipe No Bake Strawberry and Cream Pie
French Strawberry Cake makes a stunning presentation straight out of the pan it is baked in – plus it is mixed together in just one bowl. An easy and impressive cake for strawberry season.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until pale and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Fold in strawberries. Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan and slice and serve the cake from the pan.
- I used a 9-inch, light silver metal cake pan for this cake. I also used fresh, not frozen strawberries.
- The cake is meant to be “custard-like” in the middle. Not under baked but not “crumby” like a traditional cake.
- Some people have reported needing to bake the cake longer than the recommended time of 35 – 40 minutes. Color of cake pans, size of strawberries and individual ovens will all factor into the correct baking time.
Read more our recipe Chicken Pot Pie
Source : https://bit.ly/2HVyHBg