The cake has a thick however soggy morsel loaded with orange flavor and the orange coating includes significantly increasingly sweet citrus flavor to the cake.
I’ve taken a stab at making citrus enhanced cakes previously however they have dependably been such a mistake as they generally end up laking in the citrusy lemon or orange flavor.
In any case, this cake is pressed brimming with orange flavor, and those of you who love citrus seasoned cakes, I guarantee you will completely adore this formula!
Also try our recipe Orange Dreamsicle Pie Bars
This Easy Glazed Orange Bundt Cake is full of delicious citrusy flavor of oranges, and is perfect for tea time or even breakfast!
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from about 3 oranges
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 tablespoons orange zest from about 3 oranges
- Pinch of salt
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) and prepare a bundt cake pan by greasing it well. The bundt pan I used is fairly small and is 7.5 inches wide and 3.5 inches deep.
- In a medium large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients, and lightly whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake and bake for about 30-40 minutes until lightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. (See Notes)
- Remove from oven and let cool till room temperature and then gently take out the bundt cake. Cool completely on baking rack.
For the Orange Glaze:
- Mix all the ingredients until fully combined.
- Drizzle on completely cooled cake and serve.
- Baking times may vary according to your oven, so the best way to check if the cake is done is to insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
Read more our recipe Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Source : https://bit.ly/2SIVTvF