I generally endeavor to stuff a couple of vegetables into my morning meal sandwiches also, so when I made these Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches, I heated some spinach and simmered red peppers directly into the eggs.
I utilized solidified spinach and bumped simmered red peppers for the vegetable component of my Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches, however you could absolutely accomplish something like spinach mushroom, onion broccoli, or even corn and zucchini. Simply recall, in case you’re utilizing new vegetables you’ll need to sauté them down a bit to expel a portion of the dampness before blending them into the eggs. Spongy breakfast sandwiches are bad breakfast sandwiches.
These Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches are intended for speedy warming in the microwave. Each microwave is unique, so I can’t give *exact* guidelines, however I propose completing a moment or so on the defrost setting first, at that point including 30 second interims at high power until the point when the sandwich is warmed through. On the off chance that you exchange your sandwich from the cooler to the refrigerator the prior night, you can skirt the defrost setting and simply microwave on high until hot. That is makes it significantly quicker!
Also try our vegan breakfast recipe Chickpea Avocado Mash with Feta
Veggie Packed Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches are a filling, delicious, and microwavable make ahead breakfast for busy mornings.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 lb. frozen cut leaf spinach
- 1/2 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 6 English Muffins
- 6 slices cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Thaw the spinach (I used the microwave), then squeeze out the excess moisture. Take the peppers out of the liquid in the jar, then slice into thin strips. Cut the pepper strips crosswise into smaller pieces. Stir the spinach and peppers into the egg mixture.
- Coat an 8×9 or 8×12 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the dish. Bake the eggs for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Allow the eggs to cool, then slice into six pieces.
- Build the sandwiches by adding one piece of the baked eggs and one slice of cheese to each English muffin. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap or a fold top sandwich bag, then place all the sandwiches in a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To reheat, unwrap the sandwich, place on a microwave safe plate, then microwave on the defrost setting for one minute. Following the defrost, heat on high for 30 seconds at a time until heated through. Or, thaw in the refrigerator over night and simply microwave on high until heated through.
Read more our recipe Matcha Green Tea Molten Lava Cakes
Source : https://bit.ly/2FJvwzI