Perhaps dinosaur formed chicken tenders weren’t my companion at that point or now, however these chicken poppers are the genuine sustenance, grown-up rendition of the chicken tenders that I cherished for a considerable length of time!
When I initially made these and got a whiff of them cooking in the stove, it truly resembled any diversion day tidbit that you’d find in a games bar or at any gathering. My mouth was water the second they left the stove! The smell, the surface, and the nostalgic feel that I was eating chicken tenders make these little fellows the ideal sound solace nourishment.
Here’s why they’re good for you…
They’re veggie packed with green onion and sweet potato which provide vitamins, nutrients, and flavor
These guys feature coconut flour which is a grain free, healthy flour, and coconut oil which is an amazing healthy fat
They’re paleo and Whole 30 friendly, and even strict autoimmune protocol friendly for all of my fellow autoimmune healers out there!
Also try our recipe Chicken Zucchini Poppers
These chicken poppers are gluten free, paleo, AIP, and egg free, while still being delicious enough to fool anyone who regularly eats otherwise!
- 1 lb ground chicken (uncooked)
- 2 cups uncooked sweet potato, finely grated (I used a wide cheese grated like this or you can use your food processor)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (I recommend this brand )
- 2-3 sprigs green onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional : 1 tsp paprika or chili powder (not AIP but adds a kick!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and lightly grease a lined baking sheet with coconut oil
- Take the raw sweet potato and squeeze it with a paper towel or cheese cloth to remove any excess liquid
- Then, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine
- Begin rolling the mixture into small, slightly flattened poppers about one inch in diameter (you’ll have about 20-25 poppers) and place them on the cooking sheet
- Place in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping half way through. Crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes to crisp further. Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite sauce! These are made for dipping so pair them with guacamole, ketchup, mustard, etc!
Read more our recipe Crispy Garlic Smashed Baby Potatoes
Source : https://bit.ly/2wIUfk0