Seafood mac and cheese. Need a formula for Valentine’s Day? Your uncommon somebody’s birthday? Commemoration? Look not any more, here it is. This formula has a few unique cheeses joined to make a delicious and life-changing dinner. Gruyere, white cheddar, mascarpone and parmigiano reggiano make this macintosh and cheddar velvety and flavorful.
When I was composing this formula, I was considering including mushrooms, or scallions, or some pancetta. Nothing struck a chord that I thought would improve this formula than it as of now is. It is macintosh and cheddar. Pick the correct blend and measures of cheddar and stop directly there. I understood that I didn’t have to go any further. Since at that point, it turns into a pasta dish, not macintosh and cheddar. Also, I needed to make macintosh and cheddar. So I said to myself, “keep it straightforward, inept.” So I did… yet included the fish.
On the off chance that you cherish fish and cheddar (and truly, who doesn’t love fish and cheddar), at that point this is the dish for you. Lobster, scallops and shrimp! Gracious my! It is rich, mushy and truly dissolves in your mouth. You won’t have the capacity to get enough of it. What’s more, no stresses, I got you secured, this formula makes a great deal.
Also try our recipe Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac&Cheese
Seafood mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. Lobster, shrimp and scallops make this a dish to make for your loved ones.
- 1/2 pound shrimp (cleaned, peeled, deveined)
- 1/2 pound large sea scallops (muscle removed)
- 8 ounces of lobster meat (you can use frozen lobster tails)
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta (you can also use elbow)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups whole milk
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish (13×9) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil a large pot with water to cook the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box, but subtract one minute from the cook time so that the pasta is al dente. The pasta will continue to cook in the oven. Drain the pasta and set aside. While you are waiting for the pasta to cook, continue with the directions below.
- In a small bowl, add the shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt, a sprinkle of pepper (one crank on the pepper mill) and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat the shrimp. Cook the shrimp, about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are cooked. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat the same process with the scallops and remove to a plate.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium low heat, heat up 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Cook the lobster tails for about 4-5 minutes. Add the parsley and cook for another minute. Remove to a plate.
- Dice the seafood in large chunks. If you want, you can leave a few pieces whole to add to the top of the mac and cheese (like in the picture from the post).
- In the same pan that the seafood was cooked in, add 4 tablespoons butter, panko breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a crank of pepper from the pepper mill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir frequently so the breadcrumbs don’t burn. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm up the milk on low heat.
- In the same pot that you cooked the pasta in, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Continue to whisk and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the warm milk and whisk for about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens, making a bechamel sauce.
- Add the gruyere, white cheddar, mascarpone, ground mustard, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and a quarter teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to the bechamel sauce. Stir until the cheese is melted and combined with the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Add the pasta and mix until combined. Add the seafood and mix until combined.
- Pour the mac and cheese into the baking dish.
- Top with the grated parmigiano reggiano and then the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is very slightly browned and the dish is bubbling.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Read more our recipe Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
Source : https://bit.ly/2sIWsah