Delicate, light and delightful this lemon mousse is a definitive spring summer dessert. Made with a graham wafer base and a smooth, plush and delicious whipped cheesecake beating it’s really difficult to stand up to!
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
Could there be a superior spring pastry?? As I would see it this one is difficult to top! It’s three of my most loved things in one splendid, tasty, rich, brilliant pastry! I completely love cheesecake, I adore lemon seasoned everything and I could have mousse for breakfast lunch and supper. Thus, what I’m getting at is this treat was made for me, truly :).
The flavor was quite crisp and lemony buuuut the surface was not at all like what I consider mousse to be. It was all the more a saggy whipped cream surface with only somewhat more thickness to it.
Also try our recipe Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
A favorite lemon desserts! A bright, luscious and heavenly treat that’s perfect for spring and summer.
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers (6 full sheets)
- 2 Tbsp (26g) granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp (42g) salted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (110g) powdered sugar, divided
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- 12 oz (340g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 oz) jar lemon curd (tested with Dickenson’s)
- Sweetened whipped cream , lemon wedges, blueberries and mint for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Pour in butter and stir until evenly moistened. Divide mixture among 8 – 10 dessert cups and lightly press into an even layer, set aside.
- Pour lemon juice and water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over top, let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whip heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add in 1/3 cup of the powdered sugar, tint with yellow food coloring if desired and whip until stiff (but not lumpy) peaks form (shake cream from beaters, no need to clean).
- In a separate large mixing bowl whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Mix lemon curd and remaining 2/3 cup powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture.
- Heat rested gelatin mixture in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds. Whisk for 1 minute to thoroughly dissolve gelatin, then let cool 3 minutes (no longer or it may start to set then you could end up with little lumps in the mousse).
- While mixing cream cheese mixture with hand mixer, slowly pour in gelatin mixture then blend until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture to lighten, then add remaining whipped cream and gently fold until combined.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into dessert cups over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours (or up to 1 day ahead if desired) to set. Garnish as desired. Serve cold.
Read more our recipe Tropical Pain Killer Coktail
Source : https://bit.ly/2sw6JcL