I likewise love the flexibility of quiche. You can make it with a wide range of fillings: bacon, ham, wiener, spinach, broccoli, ringer peppers, tomato, basil, and essentially any sort of cheddar, as well! I adore the great mix of broccoli and cheddar, and in a quiche, it’s so scrumptious!
This simple veggie lover broccoli quiche formula has a rich smooth custard inside, and it’s loaded up with broccoli and sharp white cheddar.
This simple veggie lover broccoli quiche formula has a rich smooth custard inside, and it’s filled to the overflow with broccoli and sharp white cheddar. This broccoli quiche formula is for any feast: breakfast, early lunch, lunch, or dinner!
Also try our recipe Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Crustless Quiche
This easy vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe is for any meal: breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
- 9- inch frozen deep pie crust in aluminum tin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped into bite-sized pieces (*fresh or frozen see note)
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oven rack in middle position, place a cookie sheet on oven rack and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take pie crust out of the freezer and let it stand for 10 minutes. Prick crust 25 times with fork. Place pie crust on the preheated cookie sheet in the oven, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- While pie crust bakes, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Add onions, broccoli florets, and cheese to the bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, half-and-half, salt, and pepper until combined. Pour mixture over pie crust. Bake quiche on top of cookie sheet 35-40 minute or until quiche is set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Move quiche to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
* You can use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe. If you use frozen broccoli (what I usually use), just make sure that it’s thawed and drained before you add it to the quiche.*If you use fresh broccoli, then place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Cook it for 3 minutes just to soften the broccoli.
Read more our recipe Green Tea Fudge
Source : https://bit.ly/2CJBFrL