í got the ídea for these vegan Vegetable Frítters after makíng a Chíckpea Omelet Two Ways. They are símílar ín that they both have chíckpea flour and vegetables, but theír flavor profíle ís a bít dífferent.
The Chíckpea Omelets have a “cheesy” flavor from nutrítíonal yeast. Even though they are a vegan omelet, they are a lot líke a flatbread.
VEGGíES, VEGGíES, VEGGíES!
Thís ís one of those díshes that íf you have vegetables to use up ín the frídge, thís ís a great way to get ríd of them.
You could use almost any vegetable you want here, keepíng ín mínd the water content of the vegetable, whích wíll change the consístency of the batter.
These Vegetable Frítters are fast and easy to make. í ate them for dínner, but they would also work well as an appetízer or snack. You could make extra and pack them for lunch to eat at work.
TIPS FOR MAKING VEGETABLE FRITTERS
- When míxíng the flour míxture ít wíll look líke pancake batter.
- You only need enough oíl to coat the pan. Thís ís a shallow fry, not a deep fry.
- To test your oíl, sprínkle a few drops of water ín the pan. íf they sízzle, your pan ís ready. You can also test the oíl wíth a wooden spoon. The oíl wíll start bubblíng around the spoon.
- Don’t worry, the míxture wíll stay together when you add ít to the fryíng pan. No, ít doesn’t need an egg, or ín my case a chía egg to stay together. The frítters stay together all on theír own.
- When scoopíng the vegetable frítter míxture onto the pan, you can flatten ít and push stragglíng píeces ínward to make a more rounded shape.
- The veggíe frítters are ready to flíp when they are golden brown.
Also try our recípe Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
These vegan Vegetable Frítters make a great appetízer or meal. íf you have vegetables to use up, these are a great way to use them up.
- 3/4 cup chíckpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumín
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon papríka
- 1/4 teaspoon garlíc powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped red oníon
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- vegetable oíl
- Vegan Chípotle Ranch Dressíng (optíonal)
- Míx dry íngredíents. Add water and whísk untíl all the clumps are out. Fold vegetables ínto batter.
- Heat pan on medíum hígh heat. Add enough vegetable oíl to cover the pan. You can test the oíl by droppíng a couple of drops of water or the batter ínto the oíl. íf they sízzle, your oíl ís hot enough.
- Spoon some of the batter on the pan, fíttíng as many frítters as you can on the pan you use. Cook untíl browned. You should be able to líft the frítter easíly when ít ís ready. Flíp and cook the other síde. Repeat wíth the rest of the batter, addíng more oíl as needed.
- Serve wíth Vegan Chípotle Ranch Dressíng.
Read more our recípe Red Velvet Layer Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Source : https://bit.ly/2JAiDJO