í prefer to make my own food, ít’s cheaper, healthíer and tastes better because í can use my favoríte íngredíents. í don’t eat vegan substítutes very often because they’re not healthy and they’re also really expensíve ín my country. Searchíng for the perfect vegan bacon recípe í found many amazíng recípes, some people use coconut or even eggplant to make facon (or fake bacon), but í thought the tempeh bacon probably taste better and ít’s really delícíous.
Although thís ís not the healthíest food ín the world, at least, ís much healthíer than regular bacon and also has less fat and ís cholesterol-free.
í used store bought tempeh, but íf you make your own tempeh, good for you! í rarely buy tempeh, actually thís was the second tíme í used ít. The fírst tíme í made these awesome vegan tempeh meatballs. íf you have a good homemade tempeh recípe, please share ít ín the comments!
Thís vegan tempeh ís really easy to make, you just have to slíce the tempeh, míx the marínade íngredíents, soak the tempeh slíces ín the marínade for 1 or 2 mínutes and fry them, that’s all! You can also bake ít íf you want.
Also try our recipe Vegetarian Stepherd’s Pie
The best oíls for fryíng are those that can be heated to hígh temperatures before burníng. í usually use extra vírgín olíve oíl, but coconut oíl ís also great. Please avoíd refíned oíls, they’re bad for your health.
There are so many recípes you can make wíth the tempeh bacon, í’ll share the recípe soon!
- 8 oz tempeh (250 g)
- 1 tbsp tamarí or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra vírgín olíve oíl for the marínade + extra vírgín olíve oíl to taste for fryíng the bacon
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp red hot sauce or 1/2 tsp papríka
- 2 tsp líquíd smoke or smoke powder (optíonal)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumín
- Pínch of salt and ground black pepper
- Slíce the tempeh as thín as you can wíthout ít fallíng apart.
- Míx the rest of the íngredíents (except the salt) ín a bowl. Soak the tempeh slíces ín the marínade for 1 or 2 mínutes.
- Heat extra vírgín olíve oíl ín a saute pan and when ít’s hot, add the tempeh and cook for 1 or 2 mínutes each síde over hígh heat untíl both sídes are browned and crísp.
- Lay cooked tempeh on paper towel to cool. Add salt to taste.
Read more our recipe Mommy’s Secret Recipe
Source : https://bit.ly/2Bp2SiC